Monday, August 31, 2015

Guest Post: Kate from Majestic Golden Rose

Hey girls! It's time for a guest post from Kate! I definitely suggest you should swing over to her blog after this! ;)


Gatlinburg TN Guest Post
Hi! I'm Kate from majesticgoldenrose. I have been writing about faith, humor, DIY's etc on my blog since the beginning of 2014.

Over the summer, Katie and I thought it would be neat for me to share some pictures from my vacation, and Ive finally got them all together to share with you... Yay!

We went away the first week of August, leaving left our home in South Central PA for a Sunday-Sunday vacation in Gatlinburg TN. Our destination was the Westgate Resort and Spa there, a lovely place to stay. It rained a bit during the week but I still got thousands and thousands of awesome pictures. 

We stayed in the 511 building which is pretty much at the top of the mountain and it takes a while to get past all the other buildings. At the bottom of the resort is a waterpark and a hotel-like building, then you have like 52 200 buildings, then you have the 300s road, 400 units, a half a dozen 500 units, and then large buildings of the 4000s, 5000's and they are soon going to be putting up a 6000 building. There are 3 outdoor pools on site, miniature golf, and all sorts of things to do!

^Also you better believe it that we LOVE the shuttles. Much better than walking up the mountain, lol although my dad would go running in the mornings.  
Picture
Picture
Picture
We got off to a later start than we expected, which made VA seem absolutely endless however it was also peaceful to watch the clouds and mountains that we passed along the way.

Right when you get into TN, there is a large guitar building and I was happy to get an image of it :)

Its actually a really easy drive there, pretty much just 500 miles down I-81 and then youre more or less there. Finally we found a bi-pass through Pigeon Forge so that was cool too, if you are familiar with the area and the traffic around all the attractions. 
Picture
Picture
Picture
It was a lot of fun to play with a new camera I got (although its not professional or anything) and I had a lot of fun trying to capture the sunsets each night.


I am the sort of person who loves the mountains a lot so they were a great addition to the images
Picture
Picture
Picture
Picture
A lot of people when we got back were asking us "What did you do? What did you see?" but we actually didnt leave the resort too much.

We got a huge, oversized lion stuffed animal the one day from the grocery store for $20. Another day we made Sharpie Mugs after searching forever for a Dollar Tree. Another day I just read books and chilled outside on my laptop.

Next year when we go back I hope to hike to some waterfalls or explore Cades Cove, but that might be more stuff that Katie could post about too since she is more in the area.

Have you ever been to Gatlinburg?

Are you a beach person or a mountain person?
Picture
Picture
Picture
Picture




Thank you, Kate, for the wonderful post!
Have a sparkly day!
~Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment