Friday, June 10, 2016

Music Obsessions #1- AURORA

Hey everyone!
Here's my new series, Music Obsession! As you can see, I chose AURORA. She's not that well known of a singer, but she's definitely amazing. She has such a unique voice. She has many different songs, but these four are my favourites. Below it, I put the inspiration behind the song, quoted from her in interviews. 
Please check out some of them! :) 



The song is about having the animal instinct inside you come to life. Running with them, joining them – the instinct taking over, giving you freedom and making you forget about your human self and all things we humans keep around us in the modern society.
I think humans need to let go a bit more, shake their bodies more often, like the animals do.. It’s a beautiful thing really.
Sometimes when you look at the world, and you see what we’ve done to it, the way many of us hurt the world we live in, innocent animals, even our own kind! And that kind of makes you want to follow the wolves instead. At least for one night.





‘Conqueror’ is about a world that is kind of falling apart around you, and you’re looking for a conqueror to save you. But you’re looking for the conqueror in someone else, which I think is something you should not do. You should find the conqueror in yourself first, and be your own hero. If you stand strong, then you will stand for a bit longer.




“I call myself a warrior even though I’ve never held a sword or anything else that can hurt people physically, but people have fights in their lives, small and and big. And it’s a nice thought, that people can walk around and call themselves warriors, which they should do, whether they’re a fan of me or not. It’s strong. It’s important to remember that, how strong we are.”




“Black Water Lilies was a dream I had. The melody was playing in the background. And I was dreaming that there was a hand, and I grabbed it, and it took me underwater. And there was a river, under the water, running down. And I floated on the river, under the water, and I came to this magic place with lots of black water lilies – floating on the water – which was underneath the water. It was a very strange dream. When I woke up I ran straight to the piano and wrote the song.”


Which one was your favourite? :) 
Have a sparkly day!
~Katie
P.S Some of you have noted that the side bar is a bit hard to read, and I tried to fix that but it wanted to change all the text colour, even for the posts. And I couldn't really find a colour that was bright enough for the side bar, and wasn't blinding on the posts. :/

No comments:

Post a Comment