Saturday, July 25, 2015

Guest Post: Christina


Hey girls! I know...it's been forever. I honestly just keep forgetting, but I'm going to do better. I have a review coming up soon, but first it's time for a guest post!
You should definitely check out her blog! :)
Hello, I’m Christina from Our Wood Home!  Before I launch into my guest post here at Sparkly Ambitions, allow me to tell you a bit about myself.  I’m married, work part time at a library, live in the country and love wearing skirts.  I love cooking, knitting, going for hikes and having short hair!  I believe that every day is an occasion to dress well, even if you are staying home.  Today I am sharing a really simple, casual outfit that is perfect for a variety of occasions, such as staying home, running errands, meeting with friends or even going to church (if the dress code is more casual). 




The weather here (in Canada) has been soooooo hot lately, so I wanted to dress in light clothes that would keep me cool but that also looked presentable.  As an avid skirt and dress wearer I’ve noticed that they keep me much cooler than pants and shorts ever did.  That’s because the fabric is looser which allows the breeze to really circulate and cool my skin. 



I love wearing skirts, not just for the cooling benefits, but because they make me feel so feminine!  Sometimes I feel like I have to overcompensate for my femininity since I have short hair, so skirts are the way to go!  Plus, they are so easy to wear if you follow a simple formula: your top should be coloured or patterned and the skirt should be solid (or vice versa!). Now, this isn’t set in stone or anything, and it’s not the only wear to wear skirts but it is helpful to remember if you are trying to put together an outfit in a hurry.



With an outfit like this I’d wear my Birkenstock sandals (I was wearing them earlier, but I bruised the top of my foot, thus making any shoe uncomfortable!) but this would also work with nice flats or a gladiator sandal.


Thanks, Katie, for letting me post on your blogJ  I invite everyone reading to take a peek at my blog (Our Wood Home) even if you are at a different stage of life than I am.  You will find lots of outfit posts, DIYs, gardening ideas and recipes!  Have a great day!
Thank you Christina! Great outfit, and great post!! ;) Check out her blog at ourwoodhome.com
~Katie

1 comment: